2018 Tanzania Relief Trip
Friends Together’s 5th Trip
- Friends-Together built two primary classrooms for Tafcom’s Minnesota school.
- Friends-Together completed the Tafcom Tailoring School, and built out a clinic and social service area in the school. We bought the first years ‘worth of supplies for the students and new machines for the program.
- We supplied 600 young women with Reusable Sanitary Pads.
- We purchased textbooks for the Tafcom primary/elementary program and for Zara’s Massai school.
- We donated 54 solar lights, 60 soccer balls, (plus pumps and goal markers)
- We delivered donated school and medical supplies throughout the region.
- We gifted Zara’s Porter organization 5 fully stocked EMT bags, 15 pulse oximeters and 8 blood pressure machines.
- We delivered 2 irrigation systems for Tafcom and Zara to use for gardening projects. We also brought thousands of seed for local vegetables including, okra, onions, squash and beets.
- We donated $600 toward bathrooms for Tanzacare’s new school project in Tanga.
- We held education events for HIV positive women in Tanga and Massai Women in Ngorongoro. We held a large assembly in Tanga at the high school.
- We left Tafcom with a small supply or beans, rice and cooking oil, nutrition for the women in the their programs taking HIV meds has become a huge issue. We plan to address in a larger way as this year goes on.
woman supplied with sanitary pads
fully stocked EMT bags, 15 pulse oximeters and 8 blood pressure machines.
toward bathrooms for Tanzacare’s new school project in Tanga.
Tailoring School built! Friends-Together also funded the build of a clinic and social service area in the school. We bought the first year’s worth of supplies for the students and new machines for the program.
solar lights and 60 soccer balls (plus pumps and goal markers)